To qualify for a Dancing Rabbit card, you must have had a library card for at least six months and be in good standing (i.e., owe no fines/fees or have overdue materials). To obtain a Dancing Rabbit card, stop by and request one at the Circulation Desk.
1. To check out books from Roberts-LaForge
2. If you are requesting to obtain a Dancing Rabbit card, you must be in good standing with the issuing library. This means you cannot have any overdue materials or owe any library fines or fees.
3. When you present your Dancing Rabbit card along with a photo ID at Roberts-LaForge Library, a member of our Circulation staff will create an account for you and you will be issued a DSU library card.
4. The DSU library card is non-transferable and you must present your card and photo ID each time you borrow materials.
5. You are personally responsible for returning all of your checked-out materials to Roberts-LaForge Library.
Available Resources for Checkout
Your Dancing Rabbit membership entitles you to check out books from the main collection as well as some Government Document materials.
The Dancing Rabbit membership does not allow you to check out
The checkout period for most books is three (3) weeks for all patrons, and renewals are granted providing there are no other patron requests for the library materials.
You may request a renewal in person at the Circulation Desk or by telephone at 662-846-4430. After the second renewal, the item(s) must be presented at the Circulation Desk to be turned in or renewed.
Books that are declared lost or kept over thirty (30) days past the due dates assigned for them will be billed as lost. If you should lose a book, you would be billed for the replacement cost plus a $2.00 handling and cataloging fee.
Any patron who is determined to have abused his/her Dancing Rabbit membership will have his/her Dancing Rabbit card voided by the director of the issuing library.
Contact the Circulation Department
Libraries participating in the Dancing Rabbit Consortium include: